Wednesday 22 August 2012

Tally Ho

We are now in Milan in a wonderful top notch hotel. 
Modern. 
Clean. 
Bathroom doesn't have a temperature similar to the melting point of Tungsten. 

As always though, there is something amiss wherever we stay. Here, it is the absence of a bar man and it was difficult to get out of the man on reception exactly why there will be no one working in the bar today, so instead we head out in search of alcohol. I don't possess many real useful talents, but one thing I can do is find an interesting bar. Not far from our hotel I see an Ethiopian bar that looks perfect, I manage to communicate our drinks choice in my bare bones Italian. I then notice there is some military program on, and I suddenly get the feeling I've brought everyone to Milan's top Taliban drinking establishment. We stay for a second round and get complimentary crisps, which just goes to show that even suicide bombers deserve a second chance. 

We then went to eat at the attractively named Ristorante On The Grill, for a very nice & thrifty meal. Sue decided to eat horse meat, so I spent the entire meal humming the Black Beauty theme. 

Then it was back to our room for Limoncello & laughs, although it meant Sue doing a daredevil run into the bar to get a couple of extra glasses. No one noticed. Dean played Buddy Cluedo, trying to work out which one of us punched him in the back. It turned oh to be Miss Scarlett, with the fist, in the bedroom.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment