Tuesday 21 August 2012

Za-zoom za-zoom za-zoom

Za-zoom za-zoom za-zoom

Italy's Alberto Ascari and the great Tasio Nuvelari, two of the greatest drivers the world has ever seen. I'm sure one of them was driving our tour bus today. 

Dean and Alli went off to find a pool this morning, I suspect they made breakfast which is more than we did today. After apricot croissants and negotiating some tea for Sue we headed round the corner to the bus station. 



Fiesole


I really feel like we discovered some more of Florence and it's locale today. To the stunning vista of the city from Piazzale Michelangelo to the breathtaking village of Fiesole. We've always been fans of city tours, it's a great way to get your bearings and discover the best a city has to offer. The drivers do like to get a move on though, I can understand why these busses have seat belts. 


Piazzale Michelangelo


We then head back into the market so Sue can use her black belt bartering skills. There are lots of street sellers here, but they are not as aggressive as they are in many other European destinations, and it's quite easy to be clear that you really don't have a desperate need for a gelatinous animal ball, that splats out when you throw it at the ground. 

I really believed it was getting cooler, however I'm reliably informed that I'm just getting used to the temperature. I had truly forgotten what summer felt like since I last experienced it in Las Vegas two years ago. 

We are both looking forward to seeing Dean & Alli later and finding out about their adventures. 


No comments:

Post a Comment